CYA level still not registering after startup

StellaSumus

Jun 6, 2020
Colorado
Hi all,
I'm new to this (I had a hot tub years ago, but never was the one to set it up). We set up our small above ground Intex pool (12' round) with a sand filter and saltwater system. We had potable water delivered, added 44 lbs salt (per manual), added 1/2 lb CYA granules (per manual) dissolved in a bucket of water, ran the filter pump for 24 hours, then turned the saltwater system on boost for 8 hours yesterday. The filter is still running.

FC and TC are now showing 10ppm. All other levels look ok today except hardness is a touch low, pH is a touch low, and CYA doesn't even register! I know I can add more CYA, but I don't want to go dumping things in the pool before I know what needs to happen. Did I just not add enough? Does it take a while to show up? Help, please! And thanks for being kind to the noob! 😊

Welcome to TFP.

Please create your signature with details of your pool and equipment.

How many gallons in your pool?

What test kit do you have?

Yup, I can see your signature now.

You should be following this pool care process...

If you added the CYA then assume it is in your water. Your test strips are not reliable.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.