TFP Guide
Jun 7, 2018
Alamo, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I have a pound of CYA in each of 2 socks in my 2 skimmers. I'm using the same exact white athletic socks and a fresh bucket of the same Leslie's CYA that I always use.

But this time, the CYA is not dissolving. When I squeeze the socks, I don't get a cloud of whiteness as I have in years past. Theories? Have I perhaps clogged my socks by reusing them too many times without actually laundering them?

Last edited:
How long has it been ?

I can't be bothered with squeezing it out a little at a time. I come back tomorrow and it's mush. 🤷‍♂️

How long has it been ?

I can't be bothered with squeezing it out a little at a time. I come back tomorrow and it's mush. 🤷‍♂️
Only since yesterday. I take the socks out of the skimmers at night when the pump shuts off. But I'm observing different behavior than before.

Reactions: Newdude
Last year at filling time, I used 4 bags from the same new pallet at HD and 2 of them liquefied quick while 2 of them were still hard the next day. They did squeeze out eventually but took a 2nd day of soaking.

I chalked it up to moisture somehow getting in the bags.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.