CYA completely gone

How much rain have you had? In the month of May, we started with a CYA in the 80-90 range. During that month, we got 15" of rain (one deluge caused the pool to overfill) and we are now at 50; a loss of at least 40 PPM. So that *might* be a reason for the loss.

You would have to change-out a lot of water to lose 60 ppm of CYA. I don't see it in your signature, can you confirm which test kit you are using? Did you do the testing outside on a sunny day? How old is the test agent you are using? Have you added any unusual chemicals lately?

You would have to change-out a lot of water to lose 60 ppm of CYA. I don't see it in your signature, can you confirm which test kit you are using? Did you do the testing outside on a sunny day? How old is the test agent you are using? Have you added any unusual chemicals lately?
I did buy it last year. But last week it showed 60 for CYA. It was not sunny it was late evening when I did it last night.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Did the rain cause dirt to get washed into the pool?

What are the readings for fc and cc?

Is the chlorine being added getting rapidly used up?

Is the pH dropping as you add liquid chlorine?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.