Gold Supporter
May 12, 2016
Cincinnati, OH
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
First, i recommend adding the cya standard to your next order from tftestkits.

As i suspected after reviewing some of the numerous posts on the cya testing accuracy and "when is the black dot considered gone?", I was off a little in my measurements.

After testing the standard and a sample, i have been reading approximately 10 ppm low, that is, 50 was really 60. So from now on, i am going to attempt to recreate the standard dot visibility, then proceed to my own concept of invisibility, and finally compare results. If i am more than 10 ppm off, repeat. although i dont expect to have to do this very often.

And remember when in doubt always round up to the next 10 on CYA. It is only 1 more PPM for FC. A little more chlorine is a LOT better than a little less. You'll never notice a bit mlre FC but the algae and bacteria will. It is safe to swim with FC up to shock level for your CYA, [FC/CYA][/FC/CYA]. Chlorine is your friend.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.