CYA and Ph

Jun 24, 2017
Embrun, Ontario
I'm just about done slamming my pool, hopefully I pass the OCLT tonight. My Ph is currently 7.3, Alkalinity 65, CYA 40. Anyways, I want to bring my CYA up to 60-70 once the slam is done. Adding approx. 650g of CYA will drop my PH 0.54. Is this a permanent drop or will the Ph slowly climb back to 7.3 as it dissolves? Should I correct anything afterwards or just wait it out?

Thanks.

What is your FC now? If it is above 10 your PH will be off.. Wait till your FC is about 8 then test PH...

CYA may lower your PH some but PH will come back up.. :)

What is your FC now? If it is above 10 your PH will be off.. Wait till your FC is about 8 then test PH...

CYA may lower your PH some but PH will come back up.. :)
FC was below 10 when I checked, had to work 12 hours so it dropped quite a bit from 16, the sun and heat has been oddly potent for us at this time of year.

Good to know on the Ph, can I still swim during the temporary drop to 6.8 ish?

Yes but I doubt it goes that low... You can point a return to break the water and it will bring your PH up :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.