CVA 24 Compool valve stops leaking air when I run water over it

aquaman

May 28, 2008
Pleasanton, CA
HI,

So this seems to be my suction side leak.

What's next?

Replace O rings and see if that fixes it? (Can someone give me link to these O rings? So I am prepared with housing O ring and stem o rings?)

One site said these parts were obsolete!

Replace whole valve since it is 8 yrs old?

Bob

Hang on. It is the valve that is leaking, not the CVA24 actuator which just gets attached to the valve.

My solar valve was leaking a TON of water all the sudden. Tried to replace the o-rings and that did not seem to help. My problem ended up being the plastic cover portion of the valve which had worn down from the solar valve turning on and off, so the o-rings would not seal. Maybe if I could find slightly thicker o-rings it would have worked.

Bottom line, there is probably no need to cut the entire valve out of the plumbing and replace it. But, o-rings may not be enough either and you might need other parts. Depending on the cost of parts, it might be cheaper to buy the entire valve. But, I would try to just use the parts to refresh the existing valve (assuming you get the same brand) before I start cutting and messing with PVC.

$5.09 worth of o-rings and the leak has disappeared. Thanks for the info, I didn't realize the CVA24 mounted on top of the diverted valve. Saved me from spending a lot of extra cash for nothing.
Took about 15 minutes to replace the o-rings.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.