Cutting vinyl under water

Drkitty

May 3, 2021
Belleville, Ontario
A new liner was installed in our pool last fall, but the light lenses were left covered over by mistake. I thought we would have to drain the pool below the lights to have this fixed, but am told that’s not the case. How can you cut vinyl under water without a lot of leakage? Is there any risk to doing this?

Thanks for replying Jimmythegreek. I have looked up some more info. Hopefully, this is helpful...It is a fibreoptic system — Hayward Supervision — but not sure of the specific model. I believe this is a diagram of the installation in the pool wall:

View attachment 339656

I hope it’s safe to assume the old faceplates and gasket were removed before they were covered with the new liner. So now the installer would just put new gaskets and faceplates on by feeling for the screw holes, then cut the vinyl out from the center? Is that correct?
This manual does say to have the water level below the lens. So maybe I’ve answered my own question or is it easy enough to do under water?

Attachments

• 1D19B518-C3DF-4716-B319-1E18B73335C6.png
    1D19B518-C3DF-4716-B319-1E18B73335C6.png
    433.2 KB · Views: 4
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.