Kelowna
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-9)
Hi everyone, my bonding nightmare continues and the inspector has confirmed we have to cut into the concrete to find the bonding wire and attach to it. I know where it is so I'm hoping to cut a small piece on the edge of the concrete about 4 inches by 4 inches. I've attached a pic of what it looked like during the framing stage (you can see where the copper wire wraps around the rebar at the edge and this is where I want to cut). I'm hoping for some advice on how to cut out the smallest possible segment. Im thinking possibly a concrete chain saw? I appreciate any advice. Thank you

Attachments

• 20200725_160017.jpg
    20200725_160017.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 48
Use a masonry bit to cut a bunch of holes and then you play connect the dots with hammer and chisel. If you smooth it nice, you could camouflage it later with a plastic drain cover.
That's a good idea. That might be the only way I dont risk severing the wire and rebar. Thanks

Isn’t there a place where the bonding wire is sunk into the ground? I’m thinking it would be easier to dig under the concrete if you knew where that was.
They did drive in a grounding plate but we dont know exactly where it is so it might be tough to find. Thanks for the idea

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.