dan0788

Sep 9, 2021
NJ
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I’m shopping around some pumps and am having a hard time finding the most recent line of 2 speed pumps. Most pentair/Hayward’s that I’m finding from the online retailers that I know of are either discontinued or unknown back order timeframes. I’ve found a few more powerful whisper/superflos but they’re almost the same price and a smaller vsp.

Are there any brands/models that I’m over looking. Very simple setup, 25k gallon pool and will be paired with a clean & clear 420. Swg hopefully in the next year or two. Pump is at pool level and only roughly 20 ft from the skimmer.

Single and two speed motors for pool pumps are no longer being manufactured for the USA market. Federal regulations that went into effect last July only all VS motors for the future. And single or two speed motors you find are in inventory and when gone, there will be no more.

I suggest you consider a VS pump.

Single and two speed motors for pool pumps are no longer being manufactured for the USA market. Federal regulations that went into effect last July only all VS motors for the future. And single or two speed motors you find are in inventory and when gone, there will be no more.

I suggest you consider a VS pump.

Wow had no idea, thank you. No wonder so many models show as discontinued, thought it was a bit strange.

Is there anything that bridges the price gap that used to be there with the 3 different types? Or is the cost of entry on a new pump going to be around $1k now no matter what.

There are some off brand vs pumps in the sub$1000 range. Calimar is one that has been mentioned. Most all of them are made by a single Chinese company and branded by many resellers.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.