Knoxville, TN
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-60
I’m just finishing a pool SLAM and I thought I’d start tracking my CSI. But there’s a difference between the number in pool math and the Taylor test kit calculator and wondering if I’m doing one of them wrong. If I read the Taylor kit, it says it’s ~+0.07, but the pool math app says it’s -0.11.
Am I reading one of them wrong?

Attachments

• F1B43690-676F-4E3B-ABC9-DAF244ADF2A1.jpeg
    F1B43690-676F-4E3B-ABC9-DAF244ADF2A1.jpeg
    620.4 KB · Views: 16
  • 3A85E9DD-E7FA-41A7-916E-CE2E279FE57A.jpeg
    3A85E9DD-E7FA-41A7-916E-CE2E279FE57A.jpeg
    85.1 KB · Views: 15
Pool Math takes more into consideration than just TA, CH, water temp and pH.

But, if you go to the legacy Pool Math web page, and input only the TA, CH, Temp, and pH numbers ... the CSI result is +0.07; which aligns exactly to the Taylor dial.

But if you then add in your CYA, salt, Borates, etc .... it changes the number.

Pool Math takes more into consideration than just TA, CH, water temp and pH.

But, if you go to the legacy Pool Math web page, and input only the TA, CH, Temp, and pH numbers ... the CSI result is +0.07; which aligns exactly to the Taylor dial.

But if you then add in your CYA, salt, Borates, etc .... it changes the number.

thanks, that’s good news that I wasn’t reading it incorrectly.

When you used the Watergram, did you adjust the TA levels? This post describes in more detail,

The math for both the App and legacy webpage should be the same, as long as all the fields are filled the same.

When you used the Watergram, did you adjust the TA levels? This post describes in more detail,

The math for both the App and legacy webpage should be the same, as long as all the fields are filled the same.

ah, that’s also one detail (CYA adjustment) I missed.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.