CSI pool math vs Taylor watergram

Bperry

Gold Supporter
Aug 20, 2020
Knoxville, TN
I’m just finishing a pool SLAM and I thought I’d start tracking my CSI. But there’s a difference between the number in pool math and the Taylor test kit calculator and wondering if I’m doing one of them wrong. If I read the Taylor kit, it says it’s ~+0.07, but the pool math app says it’s -0.11.
Am I reading one of them wrong?

Attachments

Stoopalini

Gold Supporter
Jun 8, 2020
Central Texas
Pool Math takes more into consideration than just TA, CH, water temp and pH.

But, if you go to the legacy Pool Math web page, and input only the TA, CH, Temp, and pH numbers ... the CSI result is +0.07; which aligns exactly to the Taylor dial.

But if you then add in your CYA, salt, Borates, etc .... it changes the number.

Reactions: cowboycasey

Bperry

Gold Supporter
Aug 20, 2020
Knoxville, TN
Pool Math takes more into consideration than just TA, CH, water temp and pH.

But, if you go to the legacy Pool Math web page, and input only the TA, CH, Temp, and pH numbers ... the CSI result is +0.07; which aligns exactly to the Taylor dial.

But if you then add in your CYA, salt, Borates, etc .... it changes the number.
thanks, that’s good news that I wasn’t reading it incorrectly.

Leebo

Admin
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 21, 2011
Eastern Ohio
When you used the Watergram, did you adjust the TA levels? This post describes in more detail,

The math for both the App and legacy webpage should be the same, as long as all the fields are filled the same.

Bperry

Gold Supporter
Aug 20, 2020
Knoxville, TN
When you used the Watergram, did you adjust the TA levels? This post describes in more detail,

The math for both the App and legacy webpage should be the same, as long as all the fields are filled the same.
ah, that’s also one detail (CYA adjustment) I missed.