Pawleys Island, SC
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
I’m wondering, once again, if there’s something I should be doing to raise my CSI. It’s at -.42 right now. On the one hand I’m understanding that it isn’t that important given the pool is FG but other info seems to indicate I need somewhere 0 to -.3 to protect the salt cell from scale or for some reason protect my HP.
if I need to raise it what is the best way? Increase TA? Increase CH? Increase PH? I really hate to mess with TA or PH as my PH is really dialed in right now and is rock steady at 7.5 - 7.6. In fact all my chem levels have been pretty much perfect (as I see it). Of course everything is visible in my logs.
I am in the process of bringing my FC down a little as I had it raised the last couple of days (I had a possum take a swim).

Your CSI is fine for your setup. A positive CSI can lead to scaling in your pool or SWG. But you can't have too negative a CSI.

When I plug in your #'s, I get -0.28. Check your calculations again. Those appear to be perfect.
You are correct. I misreported TA. It’s 60, not 70.
Also, going back in my logs, my input PH was actually 7.46 (from my meter) although Poolmath rounds the PH it shows to 7.5.

Attachments

• 8A13C2AB-3C52-43C5-9159-467901F58CF5.png
    8A13C2AB-3C52-43C5-9159-467901F58CF5.png
    250.8 KB · Views: 6
My PH really never moves. I have a partial jug of muriatic in the shed with cobwebs on it. I think I’ll add a little baking soda to bring the TA up 10.
Thanks for the input all. I value all your advice.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.