CSI and My Test Numbers

Apr 19, 2012
Tucson, AZ
Here are my test numbers from this morning taken with my Taylor K-2006C and Taylor K-1766 kits:

FC 6.5
PH 8.0
TA 50
CH 230
CYA 40
Salt 3000
Temp 65 degrees
CSI -.31

I have a plaster pool and understand that I want to keep my CSI above -.6. MY CYA is low and once I bump my CYA up to the recommended level of 70 that change will drive my CSI down lower than it should be at -.65 if I maintain a target level PH of 7.8. Do I need to bring my TA up to 70 or so in order to keep CSI above -.6 and maintain recommended PH levels? Or, alternatively, should I keep my CYA as is for the cooler months and bump it up to 70 next summer? Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thank you.

Leave your CYA were it is for the winter. The SWCG will quit generating in the next month as your water will cool below ~58F. You will use liquid chlorine to maintain your FC based on [FC/CYA][/FC/CYA] until your water warms.

Your CH and TA will climb as you add fill water. So I would not over react. Lower your pH to 7.8 and if you need to, add a touch of baking soda to bring your TA to 60 or 70 ppm for the winter.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.