CSI and colder water temp

holdup1time

Jun 15, 2019
Houston Texas
Cold front came through and wanted to test my water out of curiosity. What I found was my CSI was (-0.42)...much closer to the lower limit recommendation of (-0.6) than my water has ever been.
My results are:
FC 8
CC 0
PH 7.6
TA 60
CYA 60
CH 250
WATER TEMP 72F

I've been letting my TA drift a little lower to help slow down the rate of rise of my Ph.

My question is the big change is my water temp...cant change that. And all my other results are in range. So how do I keep my CSI away from (-0.6) as the water gets much colder thru winter?

Thanks

Let your pH rise towards 8. pH changes make a big change in CSI. Use PoolMath to play some What If scenarios.

Same here. Not to worry though. A CSI that exceeds the ranges takes quite a while before you would see any ill effects. For now though, I'm letting my TA and pH settle on the slightly higher side as opposed to our summer water temps when I had to fight it. Good you are watching things though. :goodjob:

Same here. Not to worry though. A CSI that exceeds the ranges takes quite a while before you would see any ill effects. For now though, I'm letting my TA and pH settle on the slightly higher side as opposed to our summer water temps when I had to fight it. Good you are watching things though. :goodjob:
Thanks for your reply. Going to let my ph and ta ride a little higher too...pool math app shows that makes a big difference

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.