Crusher dust instead of concrete path?

Taterfink

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 14, 2012
NE Florida
I am unfamiliar with crusher dust so I'd like to ask a question.

I was planning to make a concrete splash deck like path around my pool so I can stop walking thru wet grass and dirt/mud. Also, in order for my short self to reach over the edge of the pool for maintenance, I have a 2 foot high ladder with a 4 foot deck on it. It needs to be stable before I climb aboard. Concrete would make finding stable for all 4 feet much easier.

Will crusher dust work for this. Will the surface, once leveled and tamped down be hard enough for the ladder feet to not leave indentations in the surface?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 108
I think you will find that any of the compacted choices you have will still dimple/dent under the weight of ladders. I will admit I'm clueless whe I it comes to an AGP, so I can't comment on how well a concrete ring would work around the pool other than the fact that it will be your best choice for stability on a ladder. Part of me wants to say wait until winter, drain and move the pool then do full concrete under everything. But again, this is an area of limited knowledge for me

Being totally unfamiliar with crusher dust when I posted earlier (I've since googled it), I was trying to figure out if it hardens similar to concrete, but not quite, or if it just settled but remained loose. I think I've got it now.

I had not thought to concrete the whole area including under the pool. That does have a certain appeal.
I don't enjoy mowing so, maybe I could concrete the whole yard and paint it green? :idea: :D

I had not thought to concrete the whole area including under the pool. That does have a certain appeal.
I don't enjoy mowing so, maybe I could concrete the whole yard and paint it green? :idea: :D
when I lived in Miami I had several neighbors that went with the concrete yard solution. But, they bought the green outdoor carpeting (think mini golf carpet) and covered the whole yard with that.

Taterfink, Look into some crushed Alabama Rose Stone for paths. I have some under my deck and it compacted nicely and holds up to water well and drains well. I don't know if its something the landscape supply houses in your area have but its a good choice I think.

Link: http://www.luxurylandscape.com/sand-gravel.htm
A ladder is probably still going to sink into it, but it is pretty!

Racer47, it is very pretty! Looks a little sharp for being right up against the pool liner (intex). May work out for when we graduate to a hard sided pool or I could use it for landscaping in other areas of the yard.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Racer, if I do concrete I'll still need a little something between it and the liner because I don't want to embed the feet in concrete. actually I have on hand a roll of the rubberized baseboard stuff they use in offices. I was going to punch holes and ziptie it to the legs. If I do that, I could put your pretty rock down between that and a roll of the black border further out from the pool. That would make a very pretty border and if the ladder is not stable on the rock I could put some step stones within the pretty rock for my ladder to set on . I'm leaning toward the rock because it would keep the mud down but it would also allow water to drain away. And it would be easier to get rid of if I ever decided I didn't want it there. As you can see I'm trying to talk myself into the rock because it really is pretty.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.