Critique this Bid (CA Pools)

Alright so they say if we modify the payment terms they will do a pre lien on the house..this sounds fine to me and I assume it's fairly normal?

The other terms were clarified and it sounds as if we can change the wording and remove some items.

Also you guys convinced me to skip the in floor cleaning system thank you guys!

I have another meeting with presidential pools next week and should hopefully have another meeting lined up soon for a 3rd bid..I may update the thread for those bids as well.

Montu,

Sounds like you made a lot of good progress but the lien is problematic. A lien doesn't solve the problem. It just guarantees they get paid. They already have established you can pay. You want them to pass a completion spec you both agree to before you give them the final payment or a withheld amount. Could be 5-10%. It should be reasonable. Something like, the pool holds water, the equipment works, and all the finish is the right color and in tact. Essentially it is a simple demonstration that the work is complete and the pool works. Everything else is covered by warranty. Sounds like you're down to this one issue only but it a pretty important one.

I hope this helps.

Chris

I would not be happy with any payment schedule that has the final payment before the plaster is even started! Whatever you do, hold back at least $5000 untill the pool is COMPLETELY finished to your entire satisfaction. Ever try to get someone to come back to fix things after they've been paid?

Putting a pre-emptive lien on your house is not a sign of good faith, and I would tell them that.

Ah sounds like my quick Google failed me, I saw that this was fairly normal for PB's ..people get an intent to lein letter in the mail but nothing happens if the payment schedule is followed.

I figured if they agreed to 10 percent withheld until start up that would be fine but If you guys are saying thats still odd I will talk to them again about it and also see what the other PB's will do.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.