Cracked Strainer Housing

Jejefferson

Apr 17, 2021
Memphis, TN
Hey Guys,
1st post so go easy. We recently purchased a house the previous owner an elderly lady told me the pool was drain and cleaned 2 years ago but wasn't closed for winter. I cut the pump on and notice water running from the bottom of the pump, the skimmers had significant movement but the pool level dropped. I did research and purchased a new seal although it hasn't come yet. When I went back to look this morning I noticed a crack on one of the bolt housings. I was wondering if I should replace the strainer housing or if you guys think the seal should fix the issue. Also if I have to replace the housing how can I make sure i'm grabbing the right part it seems most can be interchangeable.

Thanks for the advice!

21190.jpeg

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-04-17 at 8.11.46 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-04-17 at 8.11.46 PM.png
    360.7 KB · Views: 7
  • 20210417_091010.jpg
    20210417_091010.jpg
    566.5 KB · Views: 6
Welcome to TFP.

That crack is not repairable. You need a new wet end to the pump. Unless the motor is new and good it is probably better for you to buy a new Variable Speed pump. The VS pump will pay for itself in energy savings.

Are there any labels on the front of the pump saying whats the model number is?

Post a pic of the pump motor label.

@JamesW

That doesn't tell us the model number of the wet end.

Call Inyopools and see what parts they can match up for you.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.