Crack and leak in Hayward HP21404T - suggestions

May 5, 2017
MD
I have a leak in my new Hayward HP21404T Heat pump that was installed last spring. I don't think the guy I had winterize my pool properly drained the heat pump. So now it is leaking and the crack is quite visible. I am hoping there aren't more cracks throughout, but I figure that is a part I can replace myself and at least see if it solve the issue. The system starts up and the compressor is running. Looking for identification of the part and suggestions. I'm not sure what part that is and what it connects. If its just water then I don't mind changing it myself but obviously if its part of the pressurized coolant part of the system then it could be an issue. I may duct tape it with the knowledge it won't hold, but at least it would help me see if there are other leaks. I'm in the Maryland area also so if anyone has a recommendation on someone that I could have look at it, that would be helpful too.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.