Covid Pool - StaCation

NeeNeeSwims

Jul 31, 2020
Kansas City
We have been planning an in ground pool for 10 years, but life keeps happening. With our vacation fund and about 15 minutes of thinking this through we told the pool guy to get us the biggest one you can. We love it! No regrets! Insurance and property taxes didn’t go up and when we sell the house we can take it down and throw out some grass seed! Best of all, I can actually swim in this pool. The grandkids hang out with us for the swimming and the mac & cheese. The pool was installed just in time for the 4th of July. We don’t know flip about taking care of a pool, but so far so good thanks to this forum! I would like to find a contact that also uses an ionizer. Cheers, HD & JR

Welcome to the forum!
An Ionizer adds metals to your pool water. You really do not want that. It does not change the level of FC needed to keep your pool water safe and sanitary.
I suggest you read ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry.

Thanks for the information! So far a half gallon bleach every four days is working great! PH went a little low after the rains, and the Borax took care of that. Copper levels have been in range. Who know where this will take us!