Central NC
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Solaxx (Saltron) Reliant / Purechlor R5
So I put the winter and leaf covers on our pool because it’s getting cool and we’re leaving soon for a long vacation. I have a timer that will run my pump and swg while we’re away. Question is, is there any chlorine usage when the cover is on? Should I set the swg to low and only run it 2-3hrs per day while the pump runs on low for 8hrs? Don’t wanna overdo the chlorine but definitely don’t wanna underdo it.

Once you block out the sunlight your FC usage will be much less. Your plan sounds good to me. You won’t need the pump on the extra hours with no need for skimming. Set them both to low for 2 hours.

P.s. how long is the long vacation ? 2 weeks, back by Thanksgiving, 4th of July ???
Back at end of October. Chlorine is 5+ right now. I didn’t get the nice TFP test kit this year and mine only goes to 5 and it’s above that level. I also did a solid vacuum today before covering, if that matters.

It should do fine for 2 to 3 weeks. ‘Long vacation’ could have been a 6 month cruise. Lol. Enjoy the trip. Safe travels.

Reactions: Rumbleehockey03
It should do fine for 2 to 3 weeks. ‘Long vacation’ could have been a 6 month cruise. Lol. Enjoy the trip. Safe travels.
Thanks. And valid point on the vacation length...2 weeks is half my paid time off for the year so I call it long ?

Reactions: Newdude
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.