Cover lifter

Busch

Nov 29, 2018
Mankato, MN
What’s the best performing and looking cover lifter?

I have a new new hot tub with a cover Butler(from spa store). But it’s hideous! It looks like I am getting ready to put up a canvas tent.

are there better solutions?

Sounds like it's the aesthetics that bother you more so than the functionality. If so, you may want to check out a side mounted lift, for a little more streamlined look. Because they're hydraulic-assisted, they dont need the long bar going all the way to the ground for leverage, like your present one does. The less metal, the neater the look, imho. An added benefit is that the hydraulic lifters are much easier to open and close...easy one hand operation in most cases.
I personally have a Covermate III lifter which works great, but there are plenty of others.

I just purchased a Cover Valet CV250 - I will be installing it this weekend if things go as planned. It should work out great for our smaller 3 person spa. They also have a more robust version for larger spa covers...

I will post up some pictures once I get it installed. One of the reasons I got the Cover Valet brand is it takes up a very small amount of space when open. I have our spa right up against a window and a wall of the house on our patio so I needed one that wouldn't bump into that window or the wall when I open it. The clearance is listed as around 6" for the model I have. I probably have the spa sitting around 10" from the wall.

Well I am only a month late getting this thing installed - but we finally did the install today, so I thought I would update this thread since I mentioned I would. To the original poster, sorry it took so long!

So far it works well - and the install was pretty easy. My wife thinks it is hideous, but it allows any single person including our son to open and close it as needed. This is the Cover Valet CV250 installed on a small 82"x62" or so spa.
Hot-Tub-Cover.jpg

In looking at your picture I'm confused if the install was finished when the pic was taken? On our cover lifter the short bars in the middle go into the cover (cover has slots for them on each side). Does yours have those also?

Maddie :flower:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
There are 2 longer bars that are under the hinge of the cover, one on each side - if you look there is a plastic knuckle at the very end of the arm that holds the 2 round bars. You are seeing the outer bar which is shorter but kind of holds things together...

edit: Below is a closeup of that area.
cover.jpg

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.