Cover Help!

pixiedustbelly

Silver Supporter
May 28, 2015
Troy, Ohio
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Our pool is being closed today & we desperately need a cover. We went without one last year & our pool was pretty green in the spring. We don't need a safety cover and we don't have a lot of leaves or debris that gets in it.

I had one in mind to purchase but I just saw it has horrible reviews. I was planning on using water tubes to hold it on as well but some people said they were useless. Any suggestions on an affordable one that would meet my needs? My pool is 16 X 32 and we can't spend more than $300.

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide!!! :)

Kelly:

Shop around on the internet for a cover. You should be under $300. If you wish to save $$, then skip the water bags and you can use other means to secure the cover. Whatever you use, please make sure it can not blow in the pool or damage the pool either. Water bags, IMO do not last too long. I even purchased plastic bins, but they seem to spring leaks because of the cheap plastic. Some people use sand bags which are a very good idea.

Provide enough slack in the cover towards the pool and this will minimize ripping. Order your cover a little larger by about 2 feet, or a cover for a 18*36 pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.