Cover daily?

Many people use a solar cover daily in the shoulder months to help prevent heat loss due to evaporation. Its not necessary unless that’s something that interests u. There are auto covers as well. Personal preference really. Do u get alot of debris? I personally don’t wanna fool w/ a cover daily & i also wanna look out @ my sparkly TFP water as much as possible 😁

It really come down to what the cover is needed for. Solar covers are what they're called. It'll retain some heat for overnights and on cloudy days. If you really want to swim in the shoulder seasons and want to heat the pool and sort of seal in the heat you just paid for I'd recommend an automatic cover such as one made by cover pools albeit expensive. With the auto cover you also get easier maintenance since everything lands on the cover and not in the pool thus keeping the water much cleaner with less debris. Rain also has no effect cuz it sits on top and gets pumped off and doesn't mix with the perfect pool water.

In my Northern climate I don’t think my wife would ever use the pool if I didn’t keep a solar cover on it. The temperature difference is pretty significant.

If you have a heater, less important for “comfort” but it will save you a lot of money on heating costs by helping to retain the heat you’re adding.

That said, they are a pain in the rear. Having a reel in my case makes it less so. The more user-friendly/automatic you can make it the better, so it actually gets used.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.