Couple of things?......

Jun 27, 2011
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
I've got the green tint issue, gin clear water, but not really asking about the tint. I've got the Leslie's guy telling me to change my filter sand. It's been 10 years since i did it and seem to remember several TFP'ers telling me that it really never needs to be changed. Second, in repairing my old diving board I lost the hardware, washers and bolts, to reattach the base to the concrete. I recall that the bolts and washer were unusually large, not off the rack stuff , but i could certainly be wrong. I haven't provided the usual pics because I'm really just looking for opinions and parts, but happy to if it helps. So....

1. How often, if at all do you change your filter sand?
2. Are there diving board specific parts packs sold online or am i just making a Home Depot run?

thx, SR

SR, it is true that unless someone added "junk" to the water that might compromise the sand (i.e. floc, clarifier, etc), it should never require changing. Maybe a good deep clean once every 1-2 years. As for the diving board hardware, I'm not aware of any specialty store requirements, you just want a metal that is corrosion resistant.

SR, it is true that unless someone added "junk" to the water that might compromise the sand (i.e. floc, clarifier, etc), it should never require changing. Maybe a good deep clean once every 1-2 years. As for the diving board hardware, I'm not aware of any specialty store requirements, you just want a metal that is corrosion resistant.
Hold the phone, I do use floc. My pool was unfortunately built next to a tree line, where it never should have been. So, affirmative, I have used floc. How does that effect?

I have used floc. How does that effect?
Floc serves to bind products in the water. Once that reaction takes place, it must be vacuumed to WASTE. If it all goes to waste, you should be fine. But if any of it makes it to the sand, it can gum it up and interfere with the efficiency of the sand. At that point, you basically have to change the sand.

Floc serves to bind products in the water. Once that reaction takes place, it must be vacuumed to WASTE. If it all goes to waste, you should be fine. But if any of it makes it to the sand, it can gum it up and interfere with the efficiency of the sand. At that point, you basically have to change the sand.
Normally I do vac to waste, but can’t say I’ve never recirc’d. So I probably do need to change it?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.