Counting Down the Days!

Apr 30, 2018
California
Beautiful day here in Southern California, really looking forward to this summer when we can finally enjoy our first full season in our 2 year old pool. Sr Smith slide in the very near future should make for a great 2020 season! Who else is counting down the days??

Attachments

• A9BEF0B4-4CDB-459B-A5E8-7D728183E2D3.jpeg
    A9BEF0B4-4CDB-459B-A5E8-7D728183E2D3.jpeg
    437.4 KB · Views: 56
Reactions: Newdude
Even though March can easily swing for me and refreeze, i can at least start putting patio and other stuff out so it feels like the start of the season. I got 60 days to get through February. So yeah. I'm counting with ya.

22 days or so until the pool I use in the winter reopens. sometimes April is fine for my pool but this year it was too cool and windy. You never know around here what spring will do. the January closure of the public pool sucks.

We never close although we use the gas heater this time of year to supplement. This time of year I go around the entire pool with trichlor tablets and clean off the mold that builds up on the pavers right at the edge of the pool. One time each year takes care of it and it seems to return each year about now. I also put on the dive gear and go over the bottom very carefully then its time to drop off the tank for its annual VSP. Weird how pool routine creeps into other parts of our life routines.

Chris

Our pool was finished in October, so we only had about a week or swim time. We have used the spa a bunch, but the kids and I are counting down the days until March/April when we will start to get swim weather again.

+1 for South Florida living - my pool is at about 75 degrees now. I haven't turned the pool heater on yet this winter, but I'll use the spa occasionally. I used to heat the pool when my dad was with me, but I haven't heated it much in the winter since he's been gone.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I have yet to get in my pool (our build is finishing up) so I am beyond excited. Our 13 yr old son and his friends have been in...and quickly out.

That’s one of the best things about having a pool.....If you have young kids, you’ll always know who their friends are and you’ll always know where they’re at. Only down side is going through more food, but I’m perfectly fine with that.

Reactions: shonda_gonzalez
Ha, I just wrote in another thread that I started my count down as of December solstice. I had an all-too-short season in 2019, so I'm looking forward to a better 2020. I hate this time of year, but a few days ago the days started getting longer, and that feels good. So the first milestone is daylight savings time, which is right around the second one, when it feels warm enough to lounge out in the sun, then when the water hits mid 70s... Can't wait...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.