Could not get spa light to fully seat flush in wet niche

tstex

Silver Supporter
Aug 28, 2012
Houston, TX
Hello to all,

So I drained my spa tper Marks instructions and drew down the water till about the lower 3rd of the spa light niche. I easily removed the light by unscrewing only the 12 o'clock screw.

I packed the ground and the main LED electrical romex w pool putty per instructions / while the water was down, I pulled both drains & they looked great, but I put some putty around the screw receptical areas.

In Vain work:
no matter what position, angle, how much I crammed in the electrical wiring, I could not get the light to seat fully in the niche so the gasket was flush against the spa pebble sheen. The top is flush where the screw is, but the bottom would just not fully go in all the way...I won't tell you how long I tried..,but the insanity clause was invoked.

Here's the tag that floated out of the niche. I'm all ears. Also posting a pic of the light again prior to deinstalling

Thank you in advance

Tstex

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    215.8 KB · Views: 8
  • image.png
    image.png
    434.2 KB · Views: 8
I wish I could help you but I have not wrestled with that light.

Is it the wires in the back that are preventing the light from seating or the thickness of the new gasket?

I did not replace the gasket bc light was not leaking / the gasket is in very good shape

The installer had used only silicone to seal main wire...the ground had nothing on it...I had to close it up so I'll try Sunday when I get back in town, as long as I have a resolution

Thanks Allen from the Garden State ?

Guess I'm going to bite the bullet and get someone to look at the situation for me - I'll have someone come out Monday to take a look / water was down about an inch this am and same of more than when I noticed it leaking / I checked all the Ck valves before pump started to determine if it could be water flowing back per Marty's suggestion. I could not see anything

Happy Mothers Day to all the moms

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.