cost to find / repair a leak

simonoaks

LifeTime Supporter
May 28, 2015
Juno Beach , Florida
Hi,

I think I have a leak, quite probably for a very long time - however it is hard to tell. I have to fill pool about 3 inches per week during summer, less during winter, but that COULD be in normal range in South Florida apparently. However, it is a pain having to keep adding CYA every 2 months or so, and it messes with keeping steady FC from SWG. Anyway, as there is no obvious leak, I was wondering how to go about finding a trusted company to find the leak, how much to expect to pay to find it, and how much repair could be. I can then weigh that up against cost of years of extra water, chemicals etc. Or even to get a new pool. thx

Have you tried the tips in Leak Detection - Trouble Free Pool to determine if you really have a leak?

Could it be you're losing water to move evaporation and splashout in the summer versus winter? There are quite a few threads about evaportation - Google search results - and somewhere I saw a link to a website where you can put in your location. Unfortunately, I can't find that web site right now.

Reactions: simonoaks
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.