Silver Supporter
Oct 1, 2020
Stillwater, MN
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Really tired of the whole lugging of the hose and setting up suction on my pool vac. A robot won't do what I want to do. Any recommendations for a battery powered pool vacuum that attaches to a standard pole?

Really tired of the whole lugging of the hose and setting up suction on my pool vac. A robot won't do what I want to do. Any recommendations for a battery powered pool vacuum that attaches to a standard pole?
Pool Blaster and Jacuzzi make models we've used and they work okay.

We only leave them onsite for swim spas or in-ground fiberglass spas where we don't want to lug our carts. They "okay" because they tend to fake you out by sending most sand into suspension rather than clearing it out.

I'd personally find it frustrating to try and do whole pool with one. Among weak suction, they also want to float and you'll fight that a bit too.

Reactions: Mdragger88
What exactly are you waiting it to do?
A battery powered pole vac is good for steps & spas where other vacs/bots don’t go but isn’t great for the whole pool or large debris.
I use one on top & underneath my steps & some areas along the edges of the floor that have big wrinkles.

What exactly are you waiting it to do?
A battery powered pole vac is good for steps & spas where other vacs/bots don’t go but isn’t great for the whole pool or large debris.
I use one on top & underneath my steps & some areas along the edges of the floor that have big wrinkles.
It's a small, indoor pool so it doesn't get a lot of large debris. I want something that's easier to operate to get what little stuff I do need to vacuum. Steps and corners are definitely a pain ,

The issue with the cordless on a pole types is that they aren’t real heavy so they can float up sometimes which can make it hard when trying to reach the middle of the pool.
they just catch the debris in a bag/sock, it does the trick for small debris. I generally only use mine when I’m in the pool but the pole may be long enough for your situation.
It’s the Cheepo version of the catfish pool blaster
Intex 28620EP Handheld Rechargeable Spa Pool Vacuum, Grey https://a.co/d/3uJw0Ff
It was dramatically cheaper when I purchased it but now it’s very close to the price of these
POOL BLASTER Catfish Ultra Rechargeable, Battery-Powered, Pool-Cleaner, Ideal for In-Ground Pools and Above Ground Pools for Cleaning Leaves, Dirt and Sand & Silt. https://a.co/d/2KzMdJD

Ryobi came out with one for a bit more coin but now it’s not available.

Reactions: PoolStored
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.