Copper Sulfate usage???

Well done, mate! :) Git er done

That will maximize removal of the metals, emptying it completely. And you're doing it overnight as well to protect your plaster. I'll bet you have cartridge cleaning on your list.

If your hoses have metal ends, take them off or wrap them in something, stick a half a pop bottle over it, whatever, but just keep it from resting on the plaster.

Pool has filled with new tap water this weekend, tested water is as follows: Now I need to figure out the Pool Math Calculator.. How can I come up with a number for the pH with the 2 drops on the acid demand got it to the right level?

FC=1
TAC=1
CH-120
CYA=0
TA=100
pH=over 8, Acid demand= -2drops
Copper=0 (yeah!)
Iron=0
TDS=400
Pho=0
Temp=91

When you are using Pool Math (LOVE IT!) don't worry about the acid demand. Put your now PH under the NOW and your target as seen in this chart:

Pool School - Recommended Levels

Click on Calculate (top gray oval) to see how much Muratic acid to add.

You also need to get and add enough CYA (stabilizer) to get it to 30 to start with. Do NOT follow the directions on the bottle. Put it in socks (yeah like you wear) and put them in front of the return jet and in the skimmer using care to not block the water flow.

:kim:

Be sure to put all your "Now" numbers in. Enter your target numbers under "Target".

The recommended chemical addition for pH also relies on your current TA number.

Great to see and hear about your pool getting all fixed up :)

Nice work!!

Now for my final bit of advice - read Pool School (several times!), listen to the experts and mods here when they give you advice and .... NEVER listen to that friend of yours ever again when it comes to pool water care! In fact, please instruct him to sign up at TFP and read Pool School too!

Best wishes to you!

Matt

KimKats, thanks for the sock idea for the conditioner.. My neighbor watched me and prob thought I lost my mind as I was putting handfuls of powder in a tube sock~! hahahaha... But it worked great~! My CYA was up to 35ppm in just a couple hours.. Wonderful ideas from everyone....

Yes, totally agree with you Matt... Thank you everyone for all the support and help through this ordeal... My Pool is beautiful again~! I'm currently working to get all the levels up to where they should be.. All my readings are in the GREEN and looks like I'll be enjoying the rest of the summer.. Thank s everyone.. :cool:

Way to go getting this done in under 20 days! Hip Hip Hooray and great for your plaster going forward.

Lots of people come here and waste a week or two arguing or resisting and it sure takes longer than it has to.

Impressive advice and effort worked together big time. Teamwork.

Did you know you can become a supporter? It's a modest one-time tax-deductible donation, that includes some perks. Link in my signature. No pressure, you'll get great advice either way which will continue to save you dollars and protect your investment. Happy Swimming :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.