Posting for a friend pic attached
15k pool
3 years old
Never manages cya chlorine was more and more tablets with high circ rates
Cya is plus 200
Ph was above 8 for a year but 7.5 now
TA is 50
Was lower before I told him to add baking soda
He added 64 oz of the frog brand algicides last summer and I told him stop he loved it.
Because of his high cya he had algae issues.
He is starting to get spots on the bottom of pool not sides that are bluish in color. He scrubbed with a chlorine tablet and no change supposedly eliminating black algae. Is the pic attached copper stain and what’s his remedy?
1617576370194.jpeg

What was the original color of the plaster?

Do you have pictures of the pool in good light?

He didn't listen to you before, what makes you think that he's going to listen to you now?

What is the ground water situation?

Well I’m not sure why but he is listening to me now. Maybe the Texas freeze and I saved his pump and equipment.
I can try to get some better daylight pics. This is all he sent me. Water comes from Lake LBJ Colorado river surface water in Texas. I’ll find out if there are any metals in the city water it’s Horseshoe Bay municipal water district.

Well I’m not sure why but he is listening to me now. Maybe the Texas freeze and I saved his pump and equipment.
I can try to get some better daylight pics. This is all he sent me. Water comes from Lake LBJ Colorado river surface water in Texas. I’ll find out if there are any metals in the city water it’s Horseshoe Bay municipal water district.
Plaster was white to start with and still white.

Plaster was white to start with and still white.
Looks blue to me.

Probably copper.

Sulfamic acid or a zero alkalinity treatment are the only likely solutions.

Then a drain and refill.

Sulfamic acid or low pH will damage any metals in the equipment. So, you have to take precautions to protect the metals.

Draining can float a pool. So, you have to take necessary precautions.

Consult a local professional for advice before deciding what to do.

Looks blue to me.

Probably copper.

Sulfamic acid or a zero alkalinity treatment are the only likely solutions.

Then a drain and refill.

Sulfamic acid or low pH will damage any metals in the equipment. So, you have to take precautions to protect the metals.

Draining can float a pool. So, you have to take necessary precautions.

Consult a local professional for advice before deciding what to do.
Many thanks I’ll let him know

He had some sort of metal removing agent that leslies sold him and his pool builder thought it was copper
Remember that any sequestrant product designed to remove/contain metals, IF it works, will only pull the metals into a water solution. As such, it's always there until the water is replaced. But as James noted, take precautions to prevent damage to the pool. There are some no-drain water exchange methods, but they aren't as efficient as conventional draining. If you need more info on that, let us know.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.