Copper & Iron levels

Billtkat

Apr 25, 2020
Oro Valley, AZ
I have nothing to test for these metals but when I take a test bottle to Leslies they do test - For just these 2 , what level should I be worried about and take action at ? Yesterday my test showed Iron @ 0.1 & Copper @ 0.3
thanks !

0.3 tends to be the point where staining starts to occur. Of course the accuracy of the testing must be taken into consideration.

Those two tests are the only ones to even look at from a pool store.

Have you been using copper containing products in your pool?

0.3 tends to be the point where staining starts to occur. Of course the accuracy of the testing must be taken into consideration.

Those two tests are the only ones to even look at from a pool store.

Have you been using copper containing products in your pool?

Not that I am aware of. Use the liquid Bleach , Acid - New water this year due to some work so not much else as the PH, ALK has been in range - Hardness is around 125 but will climb - Floated maybe 10 /12 pucks this year -

OK -- as I said, the test results are not all that accurate. So if you are sure you have not used any copper algaecides or products with the word Blue in the name, the copper value is probably not a concern.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.