Marietta, GA
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Turbo Cell (T-CELL-5)
I may be particular here but should I do something about the circled areas?

I was thinking of either sprinkling in some Quikrete concrete mix and then wetting it or using the liquid Quikrete concrete crack sealant.Gap from flagstone to concrete.JPG2nd image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I may be anal here but should I do something about the circled areas?

I was thinking of either sprinkling in some Quikrete concrete mix and then wetting it or using the liquid Quikrete concrete crack sealant.
Can you zoom out a bit so we can see what that is in relation to the coping and decking?

What do I do?
Depends on if you want to do it right or just kinda patch it back up.

There should be a 3/8” gap between the stones and the decking. You could grind out 3/8” of the mortar that’s there all around the pool making sure to go through to the soil, then fill that gap with a flexible sealant like sikaflex. It may be hard to cut deep enough though.

Or you can try grinding out the cracked areas and adding back mortar to replace it, but it’ll likely crack again,

Depends on if you want to do it right or just kinda patch it back up.

There should be a 3/8” gap between the stones and the decking. You could grind out 3/8” of the mortar that’s there all around the pool making sure to go through to the soil, then fill that gap with a flexible sealant like sikaflex. It may be hard to cut deep enough though.

Or you can try grinding out the cracked areas and adding back mortar to replace it, but it’ll likely crack again,
Thanks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.