coping/stain

DMS2014

Silver Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jun 22, 2014
Houston, Texas
so we paid 7K last year to have our whole deck stained. the stain is already coming off the coping even tho it was sealed twice. The jerk who owns the company came out and gave us a song and dance. So my question is this: Have any of y 'all stained your deck yourself? If so, what did yo use?

Was thinking of power washing all the chipped spots off and trying to match the stain. it looks like doggie poo to us.

That is not stain. That is "paint" of some kind. Stain sinks in and cannot really be removed like that.

So here is a couple of ideas:
-Pressure washer BUT being VERY careful to not do it too hard so as to not pit the concrete.
-Scraper on a pole to see if you can scrape it up
-steel brush on pole to break it up then pressure wash

Repaint it and ignore the places it has come up as it will show but not as bad as it does now.

What I like to do it throw ideas out there in hopes at least one of them will work.

That is not stain. That is "paint" of some kind. Stain sinks in and cannot really be removed like that.

So here is a couple of ideas:
-Pressure washer BUT being VERY careful to not do it too hard so as to not pit the concrete.
-Scraper on a pole to see if you can scrape it up
-steel brush on pole to break it up then pressure wash

Repaint it and ignore the places it has come up as it will show but not as bad as it does now.

What I like to do it throw ideas out there in hopes at least one of them will work.
well, we thought it was stain over the powerwashed concrete. our bad. My husband agrees with you. We don't have a PW. We will either have to buy one or rent one to do it.

Reactions: kimkats

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.