Coping repair options

Aug 24, 2016
madison, AL
have a coping section pulling away from wall - preparing to do overlay pavers in spring but would like to repair coping prior to paver work.

Any thoughts on how to correct, my initial thought was to remove couple inches of concrete behind coping and try to re-align the two pieces then back fill with concrete?

just don't know what to expect if I remove the concrete around the coping.

Attachments

• 20190828_163750.jpg
    20190828_163750.jpg
    629.7 KB · Views: 76
hard to tell from pics. one from straight in would help me see what type of coping that is. looks like flat face ribbed coping. if so its just screwed onto top of wall with sheetmetal screws. if its out its either rotted or the screws rotted. the concrete doesnt appear cracked, thats what usually happens and water gets in and heaves it out. Id be careful doing an overlay coping. check all of it to be sure its solid. if that is also the liner track make sure you have enough room to expedite a liner swap. they make all different types of liner track even ones that screw onto the face of the wall. Ive see people cut that style out and install face track to the right height after the coping is installed so its placed perfectly. just something to consider

BTW you need foam usually to use the face track and look good so may be an issue if you dont have wall foam currently. I think they have it the other way too where track hangs down screwed from above so that would be hidden by the coping lip of Reno paver coping

have a coping section pulling away from wall - preparing to do overlay pavers in spring but would like to repair coping prior to paver work.

Any thoughts on how to correct, my initial thought was to remove couple inches of concrete behind coping and try to re-align the two pieces then back fill with concrete?

just don't know what to expect if I remove the concrete around the coping.
Where do you plan on getting your overlay pavers?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.