Coping - Bluestone/Concrete Paver and Installation

One note is that our bluestone coping is roughly 20 degrees hotter than the surrounding concrete on a sunny hot day. Measured with an infrared thermometer. The darker the bluestone (if it has browns in it) the greater the difference (above 20 degrees warmer). Mind you, both can get too hot to walk on comfortably, but the coping gets super hot. But we wear flip flops if needed and splash water if needed (it is by the pool after all). I'd do bluestone coping again for sure. It's beautiful.

As for installation, so long as the installer is used to working on pool coping, it shouldn't matter. The guy who did ours was a tile and coping company. Then concrete decking by a separate crew.

One note is that our bluestone coping is roughly 20 degrees hotter than the surrounding concrete on a sunny hot day. Measured with an infrared thermometer. The darker the bluestone (if it has browns in it) the greater the difference (above 20 degrees warmer). Mind you, both can get too hot to walk on comfortably, but the coping gets super hot. But we wear flip flops if needed and splash water if needed (it is by the pool after all). I'd do bluestone coping again for sure. It's beautiful.

As for installation, so long as the installer is used to working on pool coping, it shouldn't matter. The guy who did ours was a tile and coping company. Then concrete decking by a separate crew.
Thank you! I have read this about bluestone coping, but agree it does look beautiful.

There's a few Youtube videos about coping and pavers. I found the best information over there.
stuff I learned is tumbled travertine pavers are slippery. You need to make sure they're salt tested and non-slick. I know there's a coating mentioned to protect them - Haven't read up on that yet.
For coping the lighter colors will be cooler to the feet. Marble reflects heat.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.