Apr 8, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hey Pool Kids!
I've done a quick search of TFP regarding this, with no luck. So here I am!

Got a slow-start at pool opening this year, but started SLAM 4 days ago, my 2nd year following the TFP method, and the process is going smoothly. And for a VERY impatient person, I'm following the rules TO A TEE! Last year it took me 2 whole weeks to turn a HULK-colored pool "Sparkling Blue". This year, day 4 and it's MINIMALLY CLOUDY. Trust the PROCESS!

As I was vacuuming tiny bits off the bottom today I was thinking ahead abt daily/weekly maintenance, as one does when vacuuming. ;) And here's where it lead me:
I live about 1/4 mile north of a new construction zone, LOTS of dirt being moved ALL day. And a "devil's hot oven" south OK wind. See where I'm headed??
Fine dirt particles ALL SUMMER. Added to the fact that I live next to a heavily wooded green belt. I will be battling the sediment all summer, no doubt.

I asked a neighborhood resident for any tips on mitigating the dirt sediment, and they suggested "Blue 2000". I quickly googled that name and found 'Durachlor Blue 2000'. In the most basic terms, a clumping agent. I quickly came to TFP to search it up, but found nothing under that name.

Does anyone have any experience with this stuff or similar?? Being a fairly new pool person, I'm not familiar with that type of chemical. I'd really be upset if I worked so hard to get my water clean and balanced, only to mess it all up with some junk!

I look forward to hearing any info on this 'Durachlor Blue 2000' stuff and any helpful tips on the "construction-zone pool nemesis" would be greatly appreciated!
~Mandy on OK

Its clarifier. Glue. Not for continuous use.

Just clean the pool. Your filter will clear out any dirt that gets in it.

I see. OK, will just stick with what I know! Thanks for the quick follow-up:) This is my 3rd year on a cartridge filter. I'm really on the fence to just get a new one now... It's working through the SLAM, but I don't know it's life span after this year? Any thoughts?
Unfortunetley, I didn't get much paperwork on the most important stuff when I had this pool installed. Without TFP and google, I don't know where I'd be!

If no clarifier or floc has been used and the filter does not have any tears or degradation of end caps, they can last many years.

If it's something you're constantly vacuuming off the bottom, maybe consider investing in a robot? Or is the construction planned to be done before next summer?

If it's something you're constantly vacuuming off the bottom, maybe consider investing in a robot? Or is the construction planned to be done before next summer?
I have a silly ladybug auto-vac thing, silly heifer gets stuck at the ladder. And the manual vacuuming is really therapy for me, so I don't mind it. But yes, the construction is a new housing addition, so it will be on-going for the foreseeable future. Such is life...

Clean cartridge filter worked great for it this morning... AND I'm still on the tail end of a SLAM so hopefully the airborn dirt won't affect it. Will see how it progresses.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.