Control pump from integrated Hayward Ecostar timer or external timer/freeze control?

Dec 16, 2017
Charlotte, NC
I have a Hayward Ecostar pump and my pool installer also installed an external (mechanical) timer and freeze protection box. They setup the times/freeze on the mechanical box but I've been optimizing speeds/times on the pump and feel like the Ecostar has a lot more control/granuality (ex. change speed during freeze protect not just turn on) and I'd be better off this way.

Question...should i leave the mechanical timer on all the time and use the controls on the pump for time/speed and freeze temp/speed? Or should I use some mix of both?

Any recommendations?

Thanks!

Unless the timer is controlling something else too, I would ditch the timer. Even if the timer is controlling something else, then the EcoStar can probably still be powered on all the time.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.