Travelerjay

Jun 1, 2022
Florida
Hi everyone,

I’m new posting here but read others post often. We just had our pool area and pool itself remodeled.

We had chosen Stonescapes mini pebble aqua cool however the company ended up installing Marquis Bluestone (we had gone back and forth between the two and the company got confused supposedly)

They are willing to come in a week and complete the surface again in Stonescapes mini pebble aqua cool.

We are trying to determine if it is worth the extra trouble and work to have them resurface it.

Would love your thoughts. Pros/cons/risks etc

Attachments

• 2642CBA3-6162-44EF-B1B0-3F1493109E8F.jpeg
    2642CBA3-6162-44EF-B1B0-3F1493109E8F.jpeg
    608.2 KB · Views: 76
Hi and SO glad you posted here! Welcome!

If you have read any of my posts you will know the first thing I am going to say!

I LOVE your tiles!!!! That is one of my favs!!!

Now the plaster-don't change it! I LOVE the water color and it will only get better as it cures. It really shows off the pretty tile and looks so refreshing and NICE!

IF you do decide to change it make them do a full chip out (which may ruin that pretty tile). They might try to say they can plaster right over it and they can BUT that is not good for YOU down the road. When it comes time to replace the plaster (many, many years down the road) then that company will have to charge YOU more to chip out TWO layers of plaster.

Reactions: Travelerjay
Since it sounds like you liked both almost equally I would not have a chip-out and replaster on a brand-new job. Shoot for some financial compensation instead.
Exactly! It’s still their mistake though. Get them to discount something, and your in win win territory! See if you can get a free salt water generator out of them or something…

I would not. The pool before this one my installer put in the wrong color plaster. We got some money back for the mistake and lived with it. That's what I'd do.

Thank you! Do you mean look at others to compare them to mine? Or essentially to realize that ours turned out pretty good ?
Yours turned out really good! I think the color looks good and they did a good installation. Based on other threads here it isn’t always the case that the installation turns out so great. There might be a certain degree of risk that a redo might not turn out as well as the job they already did.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.