Continuing issue with PH rise

FWIW, when I used to get my water tested at the pool stores they always under reported my CH. They were anywhere from 100-150 ppm under my results. They both used drop based Taylor reagents but the only numbers that matched my test kit results were CL and pH.

Trust your own results.

I am betting the AS store is confusing borates and bromine, or they think you are.

In regards to the CH test, either use a SpeedStir, or make sure you swirl it A LOT. Folks regularly don't realize how much swirling it takes to perform that test properly.

Fill water CH is about 75 so dont think that's the issue. I have to add salt every year from draining rain water so I would suspect that I'm diluting CH as well.

- - - Updated - - -

I am betting the AS store is confusing borates and bromine, or they think you are.

In regards to the CH test, either use a SpeedStir, or make sure you swirl it A LOT. Folks regularly don't realize how much swirling it takes to perform that test properly.

Great tip. Didn't realize I needed the SpeedStir until I got the TF-100.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.