Contactor/Relay for spa blower motors? 240V and 220V

RAAV

Dec 21, 2021
AZ
I’m having a bit of trouble finding specific contactor/relays that support running the two different spa motors:

Spa motor #1: Silencer Air Blower 2.0 HP 240V 5.5 amp 50/60 cycle
Spa motor #2: QuietFlo Model 82202, 5.8 AMP 220v 2HP (2 wire)

I have some basic 120v smart switches that I want to control the 240 and 220 motors.

I have plenty of room in my pool electrical box, so I can put a relay in.. just not really sure what exactly I would get..

Suggestions? Maybe something like: Omron G7L-2A-BUBJ-CB AC200/240 General Purpose Relay With Test Button, Class B Insulation, Screw Terminal, Upper Bracket Mounting, Double Pole Single Throw Normally Open Contacts, 8.5 to 10.2 mA Rated Load Current, 200 to 240 VAC Rated Load Voltage: Electronic Relays: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific

Ahhhh.. so I need to buy the 120v since that’s my switch, and any high VAC to support the two different motors…

So this would connect between my 15amp breaker and the smart switch?

I really appreciate the link!!!! I mostly understand the concept but was searching for the wrong rating. I’m not an electrician, but I can swap out switches or hot wire a car.

Just to clear up voltage misnomers...110 is days of old value but now we use 120vac.
In North America, the terms 220V, 230V, and 240V all refer to the same system voltage level.
Not sure what your trying to accomplish. Looks like you trying to come off your 30amp 240vac breakers with contactors you can trigger with a select voltage. Are you sure you need 120 trigger voltage?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.