Construction around pool, what should I do

CarolineM

Silver Supporter
Jun 20, 2018
Annapolis, MD
Tomorrow construction will start on our new pool house, along with grading and prepping for our patio pavers. There will be a lot of dirt being moved and in the air, along with a concrete slab being poured for the pool house and cutting of pavers.

Is there anything I should do to my perfectly balanced water throughout this process?

I plan on brushing and vacuuming everyday once the crews leave and running my tests, but I was wondering if I should up the Chlorine? Would it be wise to cover the pool with tarps?

Cover the pool good!!! Use sand bags or such to hold the edges down to keep the wind from lifting it up. You will want to uncover the pool when you can each day to allow it to out gas.

Do the best you can and check to make sure NOTHING "solid" like nails or such gets into the pool.

Kim:kim:

Thank you Kim and Mickey. I do have a solar cover but have yet to use it. I think I will use tarps that way when the construction is finished I can just toss them or use them for something else. That way I will still have my new solar cover to use when needed.

Well I now have a big mess on my hands and not sure which way to turn

Our hardscape started on Monday, with the pool covered and uncovered at the end of the day, dirt and brick dust from cutting pavers still made its way into the pool water.

Also, the tanning deck on our pool had a low spot with bounce, the PB sent out the crew to fix it. Well it's a bigger deal than they expected and end up having to drain the water down past the skimmer.

So now my Pump can't run and my SWG can't run. I have keeping my FC at 12 by adding bleach and mixing it with the pool brush and running my vac robot 7 hours each night. Trying to keep the water moving and hopefully avoiding algae. I have also been manually skimming every night and brushing the bottom and walls.

There is a lot of dirt/sand in the pool which the robot is not picking up.

Any input to help with my current situation would be greatly appreciated.

The pool water is clear with the sand/dirt sitting on the bottom.

How long is it going to take them to fix the tanning ledge? You may want to contact a pool service and see if they have a portable pool vacuum and can come vacuum out the dirt and debris. I might be a good ideal to do that anyway and save yourself having to clean all the construction dirt out of your cartridge filter.

They just finished up the tanning ledge repair this second. Tomorrow water is being delivered to bring it back up.

The patio job will will be at least another 5 days.

I will look into a portable pool vac to deal with dirt.

Thank you for the suggestion.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.