Consistently High TA

The problem is high TA will cause your PH to rise faster. You will need to test PH often to keep it below 8. As you lower PH, it will also lower TA. So over time your TA will come down and your PH will not rise as quickly. Eventually you will find a sweet spot (50-70).

Reactions: quadracer316
Thanks guys! This has not created a problem that I am aware of and my PH is pretty stable. I am just trying to follow my poolmath results and it always flags as high. If it isn't a problem then I'm good with it. Thanks!

PH is pretty stable.
That's most important. :goodjob: TA is notoriously high in your region, and some have a TA well above 400. As Marty noted, as long as the pH is fairly stable (which your is) and there are no signs of scale, then you can continue with business as usual. The TA should slowly continue to fall with each acid application you do for the pH. In fact, if you want, you can let the pH hit about 8.0 before adding muriatic acid. When you do, use enough acid to drop the pH to about 7.0-7.2. That large swing should help to knock the TA down a bit each time. Of course if you have to add water during the season the TA may try to climb a little, but overall you seem to be in good shape.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.