Considering switching to SWG looking at Circupool Core 55 questions

Sep 9, 2015
Ky
We have had our pool for around 10 yrs chlorine De filter Polaris booster pump for the vacuum and a pentagram Super flow Vs
looking at the core 55 seems pretty simple nice warranty don’t have to worry about timers etc. the only think I would need to do is set up a gfi outlet because everything else is hardwired. Plenty of space for the install of the unit just some cutting and taking out the chlorinator I haven’t used in 5 years since been using all liquid chlorine. It’s become a pain to stock up on the chlorine and trying to make maintenance a little easier. Is the 55 a good fit for a 28k gallon pool, is there a better alternative that would be easier on the install ? Any help would be appreciated

brian

The Core 55 is the newest and best / easy install... it is a great fit for your pool, the RJ 60 plus would also work... You will probably be running 12 hours or so to get the amount of chlorine you need depending on how much your pools needs..

You really need to hardwire the Core 55 also... do you run your VS 24/7 or do you shut it off? Do you have an old timer? If you have an old timer you can use that to turn your SWG off and on... While it will work just fine connecting it to your pump and having it run 24/7 but if you turn your VS pump off and there is power to the SWG it "may" keep creating chlorine.. It has a flow meter that is supposed to turn the SWG off but sometimes they fail...

let us know your setup and we can go from there :)

Cowboy,
I don’t have a timer, but the Vsp is programmable so I usually run 2 cycles at low rpms to save on energy but can program it depending on what I need as far as chlorine goes, when I need to run the vacuum I have to run it at 2k rpms for the booster to do a good job.

So most SWG will create chlorine above about 1100 rpm, start at 800 and go up from there, the cell will turn green once it is happy.. Do you run 24/7 ?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.