Considering going bak to tabs..... Am I crazy??

There are no cal - hypo tablets for the residential market. They do make them for the commercial market with special feeders. But they dissolve very quickly.

Updated****

I stand corrected. Their are Cal Hypo tablets marketed under NST Chlorine.

Check that out - I am so I can reference it in the future.

I hate to use the dirty "S" word but Sustain tablets are 3" Calhypo tablets. They are inserted in a plastic container that has an adjustable hole in the lid to adjust the rate of chlorine used and yes they do melt fast. This container is placed in the skimmer. If I recall correctly they contain only calcium hypochlorite. I have sent an email to the manufacturer to confirm this. I've been using these and it works for me.

Mike.

I hate to use the dirty "S" word but Sustain tablets are 3" Calhypo tablets. They are inserted in a plastic container that has an adjustable hole in the lid to adjust the rate of chlorine used and yes they do melt fast. This container is placed in the skimmer. If I recall correctly they contain only calcium hypochlorite. I have sent an email to the manufacturer to confirm this. I've been using these and it works for me.

Mike.
The NST Chlorine website 'claims' their cal-hypo tablets will last one week. They also say to place in skimmer. Not the best method unless you run your pump 24/7. Though not as acidic as trichlor, they would still create a super chlorinated environment in your skimmer.

take care.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.