Considering a SWG on an off grid pool, need some advice

If you have 6 hours a day to run it, a 45 K will do 3.65 FC/day @100%. If your loss is around 1 ppm, you have the capability of 2.65ppm FC gain per day.

I know you don't want to change batteries right now, but LiFePo4 batteries allow up to 100% use of capacity with 200-3000 cycles, 7-10K for 60%. And they retail for about $1000 for 1.2kWh storage. $6K would give you 5-7 kWh of usable storage and last 10 years minimum. It is all I sell for off-grid or mobile applications these days. We sell long life VRLA-AGM batteries for grid-tied backup power where it will be used less than 50 times a year. They also last 10 years and and we program for 80% usage before the generator auto starts.

Thanks James. That is sort of what I figured. Looked at the Circupool 45 or close. I think that should be fine, and yes, might be I dont have to run it as much as some do. (not lots of people and when I AM up there and going to use it, I can just do a quick test and do something about it if the FC is low. Again, thanks to all you folks.
Based on what I'm guessing your bather load is.. And from what I know about your geography I bet you will be moslty replacing FC from the elements and not so much from dirty bathers.

If you have 6 hours a day to run it, a 45 K will do 3.65 FC/day @100%. If your loss is around 1 ppm, you have the capability of 2.65ppm FC gain per day.

I know you don't want to change batteries right now, but LiFePo4 batteries allow up to 100% use of capacity with 200-3000 cycles, 7-10K for 60%. And they retail for about $1000 for 1.2kWh storage. $6K would give you 5-7 kWh of usable storage and last 10 years minimum. It is all I sell for off-grid or mobile applications these days. We sell long life VRLA-AGM batteries for grid-tied backup power where it will be used less than 50 times a year. They also last 10 years and and we program for 80% usage before the generator auto starts.
Wow, never even heard of that type battery.. fast google search and found these...

20 year warranty

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.