Houston, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite Pro (T-15)
If you have 6 hours a day to run it, a 45 K will do 3.65 FC/day @100%. If your loss is around 1 ppm, you have the capability of 2.65ppm FC gain per day.

I know you don't want to change batteries right now, but LiFePo4 batteries allow up to 100% use of capacity with 200-3000 cycles, 7-10K for 60%. And they retail for about $1000 for 1.2kWh storage. $6K would give you 5-7 kWh of usable storage and last 10 years minimum. It is all I sell for off-grid or mobile applications these days. We sell long life VRLA-AGM batteries for grid-tied backup power where it will be used less than 50 times a year. They also last 10 years and and we program for 80% usage before the generator auto starts.

Paulk

Silver Supporter
Oct 8, 2017
Berkeley, California
Thanks James, something to keep in mind for next time I need Batteries. Used to have L16s, then switched to these. Maybe in another 5 years I will be doing so.

paul

mguzzy

Gold Supporter
Thanks James. That is sort of what I figured. Looked at the Circupool 45 or close. I think that should be fine, and yes, might be I dont have to run it as much as some do. (not lots of people and when I AM up there and going to use it, I can just do a quick test and do something about it if the FC is low. Again, thanks to all you folks.
Based on what I'm guessing your bather load is.. And from what I know about your geography I bet you will be moslty replacing FC from the elements and not so much from dirty bathers.

cowboycasey

Gold Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
TFP Guide
Jul 3, 2013
Southern OK
If you have 6 hours a day to run it, a 45 K will do 3.65 FC/day @100%. If your loss is around 1 ppm, you have the capability of 2.65ppm FC gain per day.

I know you don't want to change batteries right now, but LiFePo4 batteries allow up to 100% use of capacity with 200-3000 cycles, 7-10K for 60%. And they retail for about $1000 for 1.2kWh storage. $6K would give you 5-7 kWh of usable storage and last 10 years minimum. It is all I sell for off-grid or mobile applications these days. We sell long life VRLA-AGM batteries for grid-tied backup power where it will be used less than 50 times a year. They also last 10 years and and we program for 80% usage before the generator auto starts.
Wow, never even heard of that type battery.. fast google search and found these...

20 year warranty

Paulk

Silver Supporter
Oct 8, 2017
Berkeley, California
Agreed Mark. And mostly just from sun. Sure, some bugs, but not much really enters the pool and stays. The filter gets most out pretty quickly. Anyway I guess it doesn't hurt to get the 45 or so, and if I don't run it as much, fine.