Considering a robot

Reading through this makes me appreciate my Polaris pressure side cleaner. It’s in its 16th year and still going strong. (Hoping I didn’t just jinx it!) I love being able to leave it in the pool 24x7 but also that I can easily pull it out if we have a party. I’m sure it doesn’t clean as well as the robots, but it does just fine for my needs, especially when a thunderstorm knocks gobs of leaves into the pool. That large debris bag does the trick!

Reactions: Saturn94
Reading through this makes me appreciate my Polaris pressure side cleaner. It’s in its 16th year and still going strong. (Hoping I didn’t just jinx it!) I love being able to leave it in the pool 24x7 but also that I can easily pull it out if we have a party. I’m sure it doesn’t clean as well as the robots, but it does just fine for my needs, especially when a thunderstorm knocks gobs of leaves into the pool. That large debris bag does the trick!
I have a stub for future pressure side cleaner in pool wall according to the blueprints, but its underground and not connected to anything. That seems like to.much work and digging. Ki d of stuck with either a robot or suction side device, or just elbow grease.

I felt the same way about our Polaris 280 until the booster pump gave out last fall (12 years old, had been leaking for a couple years, and my attenpts to replace seals led to its full demise).

Definitely call Marina -- they are waiting for shipments to their facilities of the "brick&mortar" models (S200, Active20, Warrior SE), but they also have access to direct-ship-from-manufacturer on the "Internet" models (Triton PS, Explorer E30) and at similar pricing to the B&M models (better than I found elsewhere). I got an Explorer E30 for $780 in October.

All of these particular models are exactly the same robot with different color/shape top covers. The B&M models do come with both mesh and pleated filters (and Marina sometimes offers to replace with a version of those that can be used together), while the Internet models only come with the mesh filters. I paid $50 to add the pleated filters (came in the same box), but haven't used them yet. The mesh filter is equivalent to the Polaris fine bag; later in the spring I'll try the pleated filter to see what additional it picks up.

I decided to get the Dolphin Sigma, its a pretty cool bot but $$$, I like the way it runs the pool and floats along the waterline. I ended up returning it because it's so flat and low it got stuck on my rounded step on the bottom and would high center and just sit there. I'm going to fix my Polaris and wait until there is some better options.

Reactions: fishbait and jark87
I'm still vacuuming manually and brushing the walls. Takes me 2 hours to do a good job. I see a suction side cleaner in my future until the s200 comes available at marina. I'm on the wait list.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.