Considering a Hasa Liquidator

ellemgee

Mar 30, 2015
Cleveland, Ohio
We've had our above-ground pool open for about five seasons now and I am so unbelievably tired of manually chlorinating the pool with liquid chlorine every day. I'm considering purchasing and installing the Hasa Liquidator. A few questions:

Is it a reliable product that's fairly easy to use?
Does it cut down on pool maintenance? How often do you have to check on it and refill it?
Can they accidentally tip over or are they pretty secure?
Is the Liquidator difficult to install?
Hasa claims they have a lifetime warranty on the Liquidator. Has anyone ever tested how good their warranty actually is?
Amazon has them right now for about $270. Is this a good price? https://www.amazon.com/Hasa-Pool-Liquidator-Gallon-Standard/dp/B00SF4JJBO#customerReviews

My other option is to get an SWG but that would run me around $1,000 plus I'd still be buying salt and replacement cells in the future, so I don't know if I can justify all that extra expense. I've never had a problem with chlorine, it's just so annoying to have to dump it in every day (and everything goes wacky if I miss a day or two).

red-beard

Gold Supporter
May 27, 2019
Houston, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite Pro (T-15)
Elle, if I can call you elle, I suggest the SWG. Salt is cheap. I use a few $5 bags a year. The SWG replacement cells are cheaper than buying chlorine. And that is just the direct cost, not including your time and gasoline to get to the store.

Use your pool! Stop working on your pool! Brought to you by the SWG manufacturers association

joel0711

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 25, 2010
East Tennessee, 40 miles west of Knoxville Tn.
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I'm on my 8th or 9th year with the liquidator. I'm by no means a handyman but installed it with no problems. I've ordered various parts from hasa over the years and had no problem at all getting them. I put abouit a gallon of 10% in it every other day to keep it at max of 4 gallons. Makes life easier!

pjt

Gold Supporter
Jan 7, 2012
The Woodlands, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
Is it a reliable product that's fairly easy to use? Yes. I've had a Liquidator in my old pool for almost a decade.

Does it cut down on pool maintenance? Yes.

How often do you have to check on it and refill it? Depends on your pool size on FC consumption. You definitely want the 8 gallon model.

Can they accidentally tip over or are they pretty secure? They are secure, especially when full of water. I had mine on a paver for additional stability.

Is the Liquidator difficult to install? Easy to install, especially if you use the drain plugs on your pump and heater (so you don't have to drill any holes).

Hasa claims they have a lifetime warranty on the Liquidator. Has anyone ever tested how good their warranty actually is? No problems getting a couple warranty replacement parts over the years.

All that being said, I would go with a SWG. The convenience of not having to find, buy, and haul liquid chlorine is worth it.

red-beard

Gold Supporter
May 27, 2019
Houston, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite Pro (T-15)
When I was a lifeguard in the early 1980's, we used 12.5% liquid chlorine and Muriatic Acid in tanks with injection pumps. So I was familiar with their operation.

I had looked in to various schemes to inject chlorine and the cost. I opted for the simplicity of a Salt Water pool with a SWG. No hauling chlorine (just bags of salt). The salt doesn't lose potency over time. The salt level can be read from my SWG. I now test once a week and adjust the SWG and pH. So much less work.

But there still is work, just not as much. And at the price of 10% LC (~$4/gallon), the SWG is looking like a good financial decision.

hoosierrun

Mar 28, 2012
Tampa Bay, Florida
Anybody tried the new redesigned HASA liquidator yet (model 96300)? It looks like the old one is on its way out and it is almost impossible to get the spare parts kit.... and if you can find them, the cost is ridiculous. I know SWG is probably best, but I'm not there and chlorine is usually cheap and I get it from the hardware store in 2.5 gal jugs 1 mile away.

pjt

Gold Supporter
Jan 7, 2012
The Woodlands, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
Anybody tried the new redesigned HASA liquidator yet (model 96300)? It looks like the old one is on its way out and it is almost impossible to get the spare parts kit.... and if you can find them, the cost is ridiculous. I know SWG is probably best, but I'm not there and chlorine is usually cheap and I get it from the hardware store in 2.5 gal jugs 1 mile away.
The old Liquidator should have a lifetime warranty on almost all the parts except the main tank.

PoolStored

Gold Supporter
Jun 24, 2021
Ashtabula, OH
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
After reading HASA reviews, I went and got a stenner pump and tank. Lots of threads here, search stenner. Bullet-proof! Use with a smart plug and Alexa routines. You will be happy with quality of the stenner.

hoosierrun

Mar 28, 2012
Tampa Bay, Florida
I finally bought a new HASA Liquidator. This is the newest model and has some nice improvements over the old model. No longer do they use that cheap clear plastic hose. The new stuff is like Pex and uses true compression fittings. You tap your pool PVC lines and thread in a compression fitting. They provide the tap, but you must have a set of drill bits with a 7/16" size. There are no longer inline check valves (built onto side of the unit) and no crappy gauge to measure flow. They now have a paddlewheel device on the side of the unit. The tank has a small lid to pour in your liquid chlorine instead of that flimsy cover that always broke loose. There is no longer a funnel but a PVC pipe that carries your liquid to the bottom from the fill opening. They still use a float system and those floats are not interchangeable with the old style. The bad thing is that they no longer have a lifetime warranty. It is 1 year only. My purchase did not include enough tubing because I have to route past a spa pump/filter. I called them up before starting any work and they mailed me a 2nd coil of tubing at no charge. Since I just installed this today, I don't have any further information on how well it dispenses. Here are a couple of pictures. The 2nd picture shows the tap points where the blue tubing is attached to the pool piping.

Attachments

• HASA liquidator.jpg
    HASA liquidator.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 5
  • Liquidator tap points.jpg
    Liquidator tap points.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 5
Reactions: pjt

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support