Connecting superfloS to Intellicenter

ek1

Oct 27, 2015
New York
Jim,

I have the SuperFlo VST (342002, manufactured in 2022) and the black RS-485 cable (356324Z) and wiring it to the Intellicenter i5P (521905). Few questions about your last post:

1. Just to confirm - I plug one end of the RS-485 cable into the round comm port on the SuperFlo, route the cable to the IntelliCenter and connect green and yellow wires to corresponding PINs (2 and 3) on Com Port J5 or J6 (as shown on Page 30 of the IntelliCenter install guide below), correct?

1689442571038.png

2. Also, can you please explain what you mean by "The control head is not in External Control mode, which is for relay operation". What is a control head?

3. On Page 6 of the SuperFlo VST installation manual it says:

"External Control via Digital Inputs: When paired with either the Digital Input Wiring Kit (P/N 353129Z - Almond) or RS-485 Automation Wiring Kit (P/N 356324Z - Black), the pump can be externally controlled by digital input signals".

Then it says: "A trigger signal is required to externally control the pump via digital inputs. This required output signal can to be provided in one of the following ways:
• By the pump drive. Refer to Using the Pump's Output Signal.
• By an external low voltage signal. Refer to Using an External Input Signal on page 7."

On Page 7 it says the following:
1689443145788.png

The wiring in 7B makes no sense because it shows 3 speeds each controlled by an individual wire, while I am just trying to use RS-485 protocol for all pump commucation. Do I need to do something about this input signal issue or should I just ignore it?

ek1

Just ignore all the external control items.. They do not apply to RS-485 control.

If your pump's display has an external control light or button, just make sure it is off.

All you should have to do is connect the RX-485 cable as you outlined about and it should just work.

You do have to tell the automation that you have a VS pump.

Please let me know if this does not work..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.