Connecting Intelliflo3 to ScreenLogic/PSL4

All of your Egg Timers are set to 12 hours. The ET considers those "unused" and so doesn't count them as any of your four allowed schedules. I believe they will all work as 12 hour egg timers, so for example, if you turned on your light manually, it would go out 12 hours later. You only have four regular schedules, so that's four total schedules, so technically all four should work just fine.

If they don't, then you've probably run into the "ghost schedule" problem that I described earlier. Perhaps @Jimrahbe knows how to clear that. The only way I know how to is a full factory reset. But wait until you hear from Jim before you attempt that, he knows the ET inside and out.

Reactions: RedScare
Red,

I kind of got in the middle of this, so I am assuming that you have two pumps. One of the main pool and spa and one for the waterfall.

Is that correct?

I see you have a "Lite" version of the EasyTouch. I need to go look and see of it can control two pumps via the RS-485 com port.

I'll be back,

Jim R.

Red,

So, the Lite system you have will not control two VS pumps.

You will need to run the Waterfall pump by just turning its AC power one and off.

You will have to use the pump's control panel and set the pump to run 24/7 at whatever speed works best for you. Obviously, the pump will only run when the EasyTouch sends AC power to the pump.

Please let me know if this does not make sense.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thanks for looking into this, Jim.

As I understand your suggestion, I would set up the Superflo (waterfall pump) to run as a stand alone unit, not external control. The power to the pump would still come through the PSL4. Is this correct? I assume that since the pump is set to run 24/7, the on and off power source will not matter, since the pump is "always on". The reason I bring this up is that the Superflo clock resets to 12:00 am whenever power is interrupted.

Red,

Normally VS pumps get constant AC power and the AC power in not supplied by a relay.

But in this case, you will need to use your Aux 2 relay to provide AC power to the pump. If the pump is set up to run 24/7, it does not matter what time the pump thinks it is, as the pump will only run when the Aux 2 relay is closed (Waterfall on).

I am assuming that the programming will stay in the pump when the power is off. If that is not true, we will have to use another method to turn on your SuperFlo VS.

I want to take a step back and confirm that you currently have your SuperFlo VS Connected to the RS-485 bus.. Is that true? If not, where does the small black cable connected to the pump go??

Thanks,

Jim R.

Yes, when power is interrupted, only the clock resets to 12:00. The other settings stay in place. So, this is definitely a workable solution, at least in theory.

The RS-485 cable does plug into the side of the Superflo. Originally, the Superflo was the main pump (and only VS pump), so that cable ran things...kinda. Yesterday, while making sure that the Superflo was still operable, I unplugged the RS-485, took the pump off of external control, and ran the pump. It did exactly what you are suggesting. I'll set it up the way you suggest this afternoon and report back.

Thanks again for all of your help.

Dave

Reactions: Jimrahbe
@Jimrahbe and @RedScare, one thing to watch out for. I believe one of the five pump speeds you have in the Setup IntelliFlo (4 of 5) panel may not work as intended. I think the PSL4 only supports four speeds (even though the IntelliFlo supports more, eight, I think). This is another case where the ET will allow you to program something without warning you that you've exceeded its max allowed.

And my recollection was that the speed that won't work isn't necessarily the fifth one. It might be the last one you tried to change? I'm not sure about that, as this glitch threw me for a loop multiple times in multiple ways over the years.

And it may be that the Pool Heater will run at 2400, but not because you set it that way, rather because the Pool circuit is set to 2400. Something like that.

If each circuit runs at the speed you want it to, count your blessings! If not, this is why.

Reactions: RedScare

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
It works!
I've unplugged the RS-485 cable, and set the #1 setting to 2300 RPM and 24 hour duration. Took the pump off of external control. I reset the Waterfall schedule to come on at 1:10 pm, and it did exactly what we wanted it to. I'll watch it for a few days to see how the control panel reacts to no power for several hours, but my memory is that the clock resets, not the pump settings.

Dirk, you may be right about the pool heater speed setting. In reality, I have never attempted to heat the entire pool, so this is not something I am concerned about. Maybe this is the year I do it. :)

Reactions: Dirk
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.